This page is dedicated to signpostng information about how to avoid grooming.
In all honesty, we can’t avoid being selected by groomers. They take their time and worm their way in. But we can often spot the signs and have the confidence/trust in ourselves to run, move ourselves away from situations or report.
Over time, we hope this page will become a really useful resource, but for the moment this is a work in progress. Please free to suggest other resources for inclusion.
- What is Adult Grooming?
- What does it look like?
- Understanding the seven stages of adult sexual grooming
How to Avoid Dating a Narcissist
CAAGe’s counselling psychologist, Wendy Gregory, offers tips to identify a narcissist, and to avoid getting drawn in as narcissistic ‘supply’.
- GoDates: Love Bombing: 8 signs to look out for
- Dating over 50: How to avoid dating a narcissist.
- Cosmopolitan: Narcissistic traits to look out for in the person you’re dating
- Cosmopolitan: Is it OK to check up on the person you’re dating?
- Six ways to avoid dating a narcissist from the very first date (Video)
Avoiding Grooming: Dating Sites
A good starter from WikiHow: How to Spot an Online Dating Scam
Avoiding Grooming: Modelling
Avoiding Grooming: Radicalisation
Be aware and spot extremism and where it starts: A Quilliam Video
If you’ve been groomed, please share your experience (anonymously) to help us pull together a better picture and help people spot the signs: Research into Adult Grooming
If you’ve been groomed and could do with some support, these pages might help: Life after grooming
If you have anything to add, please use the comment boxes below, or contact us